Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Long Time No See

Wow! Have I really failed to post in so long?

Yeah...I'm not all that great with keeping up with this blog. Or any blog really. I'm not sure why, when I could make the time to do it...if I just remembered to. Or set a schedule.

Lately, though, I took a vacation from writing erotic to pursue another genre for a bit. I haven't given up on either. NEVER. I'm just learning to incorporate both into my schedule. I'm going to have to write for both. While, for obvious reason, I have to keep both genres separate with pen names and different blogs, I don't have to choose one over the other. I just have to do double the work. LOL I'm okay with that.

My erotic fans have given me a ton of support, and since I haven't sold in the other genre yet, I found myself missing the encouragement. In YA, I've received a lot of rejections. The topic I chose to write about for my first submission isn't entirely popular in the United States yet. My agent is still submitting, but I already have a back-up manuscript just in case this one is a no-go. While I work on editing my second YA book...I decided to write a free read for anyone who showed up to the Noble Christmas Party on Dec. the 18th, and I plan to deliver the pdf in the next day or so barring any complications.

While I was writing Candied Cane (the freebie) I realized how much I missed writing in the erotic genre. It's a different breed of book, and writing both makes me enjoy what I do even more.

So my New Year's goals are to finish the two novellas I started earlier in 2010, and bring in a new short or two as well. I'll keep you all in-the-know on my progress.

I'd love to hear if you have any resolutions of your own for 2011!

It's a little early, I know, but Happy New Year everyone.

Best,
Allure

No comments: